Wouldn’t it be nice if we all had an extra hour every morning to get ourselves looking perfect before leaving the house? Or if we had a stylist who could pop round and tell us where we are going wrong? The trouble with getting your look just right is having the time and resources to do it. With our busy lifestyles in mind, here are some top beauty tips and tricks to make it easier to get the look you want simply and easily.
• If you are truly healthy on the inside, this will show on the outside. Getting your daily helping of fresh fruit and vegetables, making sure your nutritional needs are met and avoiding heavily processed and refined foods will make a huge difference to your skin, hair and nails. Exercise is another great way to boost your beauty while you boost your fitness. Not only will exercise help you to maintain a healthy weight, it will also boost your mood and help you feel more confident – and the best of all beauty tips and tricks is confidence!
• Protect your hair and skin. Daily exposure to the elements takes a toll on our skin and hair. Protect yourself from sun damage by wearing sunscreen, avoid free radical damage by ensuring your diet contains plenty of anti-oxidants (found in fresh fruit and veg) and use heat defense products to keep your hair string and shiny when you are using heated tools such as curlers and straighteners.
• Focus on fresh skin. No makeup or concealer is better than getting down to basics and making sure your skin is deeply cleaned and nourished. By simply not touching your face, and especially resisting the temptation to squeeze spots, you can significantly reduce the amount of oil and dirt on your skin. Use a gentle cleanser to remove makeup before you sleep and once a week use a deep cleansing face mask. Keep a light moisturizer in your bag to freshen up wherever and whenever you choose.
• Check out longer-term options. If you want to wake up and be ready to go, then consider semi-permanent makeup or visit your beauty salon for beauty fixes that last – brow tinting is a great way to have natural-looking, groomed brows for longer without the need for filling them in each day. A French manicure gives you healthy, easy to wear nails that last.
• Look after your smile. Your smile is one of the most important sources of your natural beauty, so protect it by looking after your teeth and gums. Brush your teeth twice a day, remember to floss and visit your dental practice regularly.
• One of the best of all beauty tips and tricks is to embrace multi-purpose products! Did you know that using conditioner instead of shave gel gives you a soft smooth finish on your legs? Did you know that you can get smooth hair in seconds simply by smoothing it after you have rubbed some hand cream into your hands? There are lots of products that can be used for multiple purposes, saving you time and money. Choose multi-purpose makeup items such as lipstick that doubles as a cheek highlighter.
It isn’t always easy to look beautiful all the time, but these simple beauty tips and tricks should help you stay looking fresh, healthy and happy in no time at all; so that you can get on with the more important things!